It is vital your filter cartridge is maintained correctly to maximize its life and usefulness.
The life of a filter cartridge depends on how you treat it.
Filter clogging is caused by soaps, chemicals, perspiration, body fats, oils and fine particles of dust or dirt.
There are specific things you can do to maximise the life of your filter:
All cartridge filters should be cleaned at least every 1-2 months (more often with high usage). If you follow these cleaning procedures you will ensure the maximum life of the cartridge:
Eventually your cartridge filter will block and will need to be replaced - usually within 1 to 2 years - depending on the amount of use.
If you have any issues with your cartridges, please see our FAQ section.
Magnum filter cartridges are guaranteed against defects resulting from faulty workmanship or materials for one year from date of purchase.
This Limited Warranty is void if:
● The filter cartridge has been subjected to alteration, neglect, misuse or abuse of the filter cartridge or filter housing, including spas and pools that are plumbed incorrectly.
● The failure is caused by accident, acts of God or other causes beyond the control of the manufacturer.
● Damage due to water freezing inside filter housing.
● Freight damage caused by the common carrier, other than freight carried out by Magnum Filters Limited.
● Failure to maintain proper water chemistry and chemical balance.
● The use of abrasive or improper cleaning solutions or cleaning methods.
● The filter cartridge is used with in-floor pool cleaning systems.
● The cartridge is used to filter flocculants.
● Externally threaded spa filter cartridges are not covered under warranty, due to wear and tear of threading the cartridge in and out over time and also damage caused by over and under tightening.
The liabilities of Magnum Filters are limited solely and exclusively to the replacement of the cartridge and freight to the original recipient and do not include any labour, installation, losses, expenses and liability for incidental, consequential damages of any kind.
All cartridges under warranty claims must either be returned to Magnum Filters for inspection, or photos emailed to us with a detailed description.